Monday, November 07, 2005

Ugggh.

Everything hurts. My brain, my body, and my apartment.

My brain hurts because I'm running on waaay too little sleep. I had a fun and exciting weekend with the DNR here in Minnesota. I spent 2 days cutting lymph nodes out of hunter-killed deer (parotid, submandibular and retropharyngeal for those of you who care) looking for tuberculosis lesions (pyogranulomatous lymphadenitis, of the sort NOT caused by Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis, again for those of you who have a clue what I'm talking about). Some stations saw upwards of 50 deer per day, we saw 24 deer in 2 days. That's 24 hours at the registration station, and 24 deer. Boy were we bored. I got a little bit of studying done, but mostly I just didn't did anything. We have a parasitology exam on Tuesday, and I think I'm gonna need a nap before I study tonight, but it's looking good for not getting much sleep again tonight.

My body hurts due to an 16 hours on a bus (8 on Friday, 8 on Sunday night). Sleeping on a bus is a good way to irk every muscle you know about in your neck and back. We got home at 2am, I made it to class at 9. Go me.

At least Dr Plumb (THE Dr Plumb of pharmacology fame - he's actually a pretty damn good lecturer) was pretty fun. He gave away three pocket-manuels at the end of class just for showing up. Considering that we had only about 2/3 of the class there, it was pretty awesome. I bought the book at the beginning of the semester, so I wasn't too disappointed that I didn't win.

My apartment hurts because I haven't been home since 630am Friday morning for more than an hour (awake). Also, all of the clothes that came home from Roseau with me last night desperately need to be washed (mayhaps with H2O2...). We have no real food. And I still have that pesky exam tomorrow. ::sigh::

At least I have a buffer in this class already.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kat, how on earth did you have time to write this today?! Someone is procrasinating....

Anonymous said...

...(besides me). Obviously I'm sick of studying for this damn exam too, so I'm not judging or anything :)

Kat said...

Uhh... yeah.... studying...

right.

that's why i'm checking my email every 30 seconds!

Anonymous said...

You vet types need badly to work on spelling, as well as getting some sleep. I am supposed to trust my champion labrador to your sleep-deprived hands?! (hope this at least brought a smile to your faces....as intended, now go back to work)